What Can Dogs Eat?
A long list of what you can give your dog, this list is not everything a dog can have, but a good variety can be acheived through feeding any of these.
- Any part of a chicken;wholemincecarcasswingsdrumsticksquartersthighsALL CHICKEN BONES ARE SAFE WHEN RAW.
- Any part of rabbitcarcassand other body parts
some things you can get are;
- BeefmincechunksBeef bones can be very dense and can wear down teeth. Avoid large beef bones and weight bearing bones.
- PorkA common misconception claims pork is harmful - UK pork is perfectly safe for dogsmincelegheadribsbacktrotterscheekears (raw)
- Pidgeon (wood)wholelegswingsbreast
- Squirrelwhole with or without furlegsarms
- Harewhole in fur or without
- Offal and organliver (ox, lamb, pigs, chicken etc) - MUST MAKE UP 5% OF DIETkidney (ox, lamb, pigs etc)spleenheart (lamb, ox, turkey, etc) - can be fed as 80% meatlung - can be fed as 80% meatcheek (cow, pigs etc)gizzardsPancreas
- Green tripe
(beef, lamb, venison etc)
a very nutritious addition - must be green/unbleached - can be fed as 80% meat
- Whole eggschicken, duck, quail etc
- Oily fishsardinessprattssalmonherringanchoviespilchardmackereltunacod, haddock, cobbler, plaice and tinned fish can also be fed but not to 'replace' oily fish(tinned fish in spring water or oil not brine- check salt content of any tinned)
Copyright © A Raw Start Explained, 2012